TIME TO GO SOCIAL
There are countless reasons why you and your business need to be on social media as an active contributor, but if the active part is the problem, we have way to help with that. That aside, you need to be on social media. If you are remotely interested in earning business via search, then you must do this.
SO WHERE SHOULD I BE?
The decision on which social platforms are right for your business can be tough, but for nearly every instance where you want to be found on a search engine, you will absolutely need to be on Facebook and Google Plus.
- Facebook: The largest social platform in the world, and is also one of the major data aggregators when it comes to Local SEO. One of its strongest and also worst features is the ability for customers and non-customers to leave reviews, but it is also one of the reasons Facebook is so vital to Google and Bing indexing.
- Google+: Welp, it is in and of itself, a catastrophe that no one uses, but let's face it... it's Google. This links to your Google for Business Page, Google Maps, as well as YouTube, and essentially if you want to be ranked well on Google, you need to be here.
- LinkedIn: For B2B based businesses, this is an absolute must. This works best when the Page is managed by a very active personal account with lots of connections.
- Twitter: Yeah, you should be here, but you need to be very serious and patient about it. Twitter is top of the food chain for link distribution, and a properly configured account with activity and engagement can net you big time leads, if your vertical consumes it.
- InstaGram: Facebook owns it, and if it makes sense for you to share images on social media, go for it. This is really best suited for those who sell tangible products, especially ones with visual appeal. If you make plain paper cups, no one cares, but if it has Captain America on it, people will care.
- YouTube: Do you make video? If not, don't get too worried about this Google property.
WHAT ELSE IS THERE?
Now there are a ton more, most of which are very granular in nature and specific to your service offering, such as Thumbtack, HomeAdvisor, AngiesList, FourSquare (a major data aggregator), Urban Spoon, MapQuest and Yelp - but all of these are a drop in the bucket compared to the major ones.
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA!
Face it. You have to be there. We can make it happen. We can build your social media profiles the right way, quickly, with custom images and all of the right data that search engines need and your customers want. What are you waiting for? Start off with your free Social Media Buildout consultation today!